Former BBC One Controller Peter Fincham revealed that Holly Willoughby, former star of This Morning and Dancing On Ice, is being considered to host Strictly Come Dancing after Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly announced their exit at the end of this series.
Once the golden girl of ITV, Holly, 44, could now become the BBC’s new queen of Saturday night television. Fincham’s information comes from a trusted media source he met in a hair salon. He explains:
“My hairdresser also cuts the hair of a well-known channel controller. What’s said in Harry’s the hairdresser stays in Harry’s. But he says with great confidence that Holly Willoughby will take over.”
If the insider’s information is correct, this would mark Holly’s significant return to prime-time TV. She left This Morning in 2023, after 14 years, following intense public scrutiny.
Earlier that year, her long-time co-presenter Phillip Schofield resigned after admitting to an extramarital affair with a younger male colleague and lying about it to ITV management, colleagues, and others.
Since departing This Morning, Holly has presented Celebrity Bear Hunt alongside Bear Grylls on Netflix, although the show was not renewed for a second season.
Holly Willoughby may soon return to mainstream British TV as the new host of Strictly Come Dancing, stepping into a prime-time role after a turbulent few years away from the spotlight.
Would you like the tone to be more formal or casual?